Men wear bandanas all the time, and they look great. It’s very easy to learn how to tie one if you’re not sure about wearing one yourself. See which option works best for you and your style needs when tying one.
Basics Steps for Tying a Bandana
Follow these steps to tie a bandana for basic headwear:
- To prepare the bandana for wearing, lay it on a table and fold it diagonally into a triangle. Make sure the crease is defined by smoothing it.
- Hold each end of the triangle in both hands, making sure it does not slip (that crease helps here).
- Place the bandana on your head where you want it. Wear it in the middle of your forehead, but you may wear it higher or lower according to your preference.
- You should tie the two ends of the bandana once at the back of your head, firmly (but not so tight that it constricts – your head will swell in the heat). You will tie them again in a minute, so the ends will be dangling.
- Your triangle should lie roughly at the back of your head – it can be slightly higher or lower, but you want to cover your entire crown. You can either tuck the triangle top under the tied ends at the back of your head, or set it between them. As soon as you are satisfied with its position, tie the ends again, securing the triangle and the bandana as a whole.
Those suffering from hair loss can also benefit from wearing a bandana this way.
Tying a Bandana Headband
Putting a bandana on your head (such as what professional soccer players do) can be helpful if you have long hair that you want to keep out of your face.
- Fold the bandana into a triangle as you did above.
- Fold it evenly until you have a long, padded band.
- To prevent it from coming loose, place the band over your head with the triangle tip against your hair.
- Knot the ends at the nape of the neck.
- Tip your head forward so that your hair is off your neck and then tie accordingly to avoid getting caught in the knot.
- For practicality and comfort, adjust as necessary.
After tying your bandana, you can leave the ends on the forehead to give it a hip-hop look.
The look of a bandana worn around the neck, similar to a scarf, is appealing to some men. Cowboy bandanas are also known as this. Follow these steps to tie one around your neck:
- By folding a bandana in half, two opposing corners will meet and form a triangle.
- The two opposite ends of the triangle should be placed on your neck with the tip pointing downward.
- Make a knot behind your neck by pulling the opposite ends together.
This style should not be tied too tightly. Bandanas should fit snugly around your neck and have an inch of space between them.
A Cool and Fun Accessory
A bandana is a stylish accessory that also serves a practical purpose. In hot conditions, a bandana will keep you cool, absorb sweat, and add a fun touch to your outfit. See what you like best by trying out all the options.